Monday 10 September 2012

Farming and more accidents

Today I went with Mitchie on the farm to help feed the calves. I always like going out there and this time it turned out to be a bit more exciting than expected! It appears that fender-benders run in the family cause when Mitchie was going to bring the feeder, connected to the four wheeler, out of the paddock she did a too sharp turn. I was standing ready at the gate (to shut it before the calves get out behind the four wheeler) and saw it all happen. The feeder started tipping and pulling the four wheeler with it, then the link between the two broke and the feeder ended up upside down in the grass and thankfully the four wheeler turned back and didn't roll over. Those four wheelers are massive and you certainly don't want to get one of them on top of you! 
Don't have any pictures of the feeder, but I'll update it  when I take one.
It's 12:10 and I'm out, 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment