Wednesday 11 July 2012

First calf and 419 to go

Today we had the first calf! We went to see it (me, Jimmy and Marnie) and it was so sweet! fluffy and clumsy. Really cute.

There are about 420 cows at the farm, and everyone will calve within the next couple of months. So I can see how they need to spend extra time out at the farm.


update!
The day after the first calf we had two more, an Michelle took me and Farrah out to look at them and walk about on the farm. Farrah was sooo cute, running around in her little boots with a huge smile on her face. (she is the one who's three years old).


So here's some pictures of the three calves.
 They are being transported to the feeding machines, that's why they are in a cart. 
In the background you can see little Meg (the dog) and the four wheeler, on which I drove Farrah around. That was lots of fun, and I can't wait to borrow one of their motorbikes and go around the hilly farm! And walk up the mountain! (It takes aboput an hour apparently, and Jimmy's gonna show me what tracks to follow). We will also get down to the river one day to go fishing. You can also fast on some rivers in Marapura, so that's gonna be sweet! 

MacLeay said the sweetest thing to me today, when we were watching Dora the explorer on nick-jr. On the telly they celebrated spring by honoring the "spring chicken", and I said that it sounded a bit like the Easter-bunny. Then she leaned in on me and whispered: "I know about the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy and Santa Claus. Don't tell the others."

Cheers people!

2 comments:

  1. Kan Twixi mjölka nu? ;D

    Jag vill se en bild på din "King Size" Säng ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah nja, mjolka kor har jag val inte gjort precis x)
      Lagger upp en bild pa min sang i nasta inlagg ;)

      Delete