Friday 6 July 2012

Saturday night and Pride-festival


On the Saturday night we went to the Pride festival. I got use for my new blue dress, and we had an awesome time!
There were several festival areas in town, with Mojito-tents, but the highlight of the evening was the parade!
Some kind of Spartans in the colors of the rainbow.

We saw lots of funny costumes, none including very much clothing though.

For the parade there had been prepared flatbed-trailers on which the participants were dancing and celebrating. It was almost like graduation week in Lund, but with more color and less clothes. ;)

Here's another fancy dress for you. 

We really had a blast, and I must say that this was one of the highlights of the whole weekend. I am very proud to say that I support "gay-rights" (sound silly since I consider it human rights) and this event just made me want to support the Pride-movement even more. Here is a picture of Eva and Anna before we enter the parade.

While in the parade I took a picture with some half-naked sparkling cops. (That is not something you do every day). What positively surprised me was that there were no threatening feelings whatsoever and the festive atmosphere could really sweep you of your feet. The joy and pride coming from every openly exposed gay-couple, couples which usually stayed in the dark, hidden from the rest of the world, was rather overwhelming. (Of course the single guys and gals where beaming with pride and happiness aswell.)


To show my support I bought a pin, which now permanently will be sitting on my suitcase or my clothing, and a bracelet (both my sister and mother bought the same bracelet, so that makes it even more special.) 

A better Saturday would be hard to find (though that one Saturday in Blekinge might top the list, but that's a completely different story!). 

Goodnight everybody and stay proud <3


2 comments:

  1. I love your blogg! So much fun to read this and see pictures of your adventures! I look forward very much to follow your trip to N.Z. this way! Much love from Aunt Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! I can't believe that I'm leaving tomorrow, it feels kind of unreal. Blogging is one of the best way of sharing my experience since those who are interested can get to know what's happening without me writing 26 emails every weekend :)

    ReplyDelete